Women’s Healthy Eating and Living
- Start Year
- End Year
- University of California, San Diego
- Study design
- Follow Up
- All patients complete several questionnaires, at baseline and then at 12, 24 or 36, 48, and 72 months
Pierce JP, Faerber S, Wright FA, Rock CL, Newman V, Flatt SW, Kealey S, Jones VE, Caan BJ, Gold EB, Haan M, Hollenbach KA, Jones L, Marshall JR, Ritenbaugh C, Stefanick ML, Thomson C, Wasserman L, Natarajan L, Thomas RG, Gilpin EA; Women's Healthy Eating and Living (WHEL) study group. A randomized trial of the effect of a plant-based dietary pattern on additional breast cancer events and survival: the Women's Healthy Eating and Living (WHEL) Study. Control Clin Trials. 2002 Dec;23(6):728-56. doi: 10.1016/s0197-2456(02)00241-6.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Women who were diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer within the previous 4 years, and are between the ages of 18-74.
Availability of data and biosamples