Common and distinct early environmental influences on cardiometabolic and respiratory health: Mechanisms and methods
- Start Year
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), including Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) program and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Project Viva mothers completed in-person examinations during pregnancy, throughout childhood and into the early teen years.
Mitro SD, Sagiv SK, Fleisch AF, Jaacks LM, Williams PL, Rifas-Shiman SL, Calafat AM, Hivert MF, Oken E, James-Todd TM. Pregnancy Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substance Concentrations and Postpartum Health in Project Viva: A Prospective Cohort. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020 Sep 1;105(9):e3415–26. doi: 10.1210/clinem/dgaa431.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Women and children that initiated in Eastern Massachusetts