Uppsala Family Study
To study effects of birth weight and growth on cardiovascular, metabolic and bone-related outcomes using a family design.
- Start Year
- UK Medical Research Council as component grant (G9828126) of the Co-operative Group (9819083) “Life-Course and Trans-generational Influences on Disease Risk.” Dr Koupil is funded by the Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- In 2010-2014, all families were invited for a second round of examinations; 513 parents (age 39-70 years) and 466 children (age 14-23 years) attended.
Leon DA, Koupil I, Mann V, Tuvemo T, Lindmark G, Mohsen R, Byberg L, Lithell H. Fetal, developmental, and parental influences on childhood systolic blood pressure in 600 sib pairs: the Uppsala Family Study. Circulation 2005;112(22):3478-85. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.104.497610
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Families (mothers, fathers, two consecutive siblings age 5-14 years) living in Uppsala
Availability of data and biosamples
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.