The Tromsø Study
To determine causes of the high cardiovascular mortality, and also to develop ways of preventing heart attacks and strokes.
- Start Year
- End Year
- The study was initially funded by the University of Tromsø, and has been so for the entire period since 1974, but there have also been substantial contributions, directly and indirectly from, for example, the National Screening Services, the Research Council of Norway, Northern Norway Regional Health Authority, Norwegian Council on Cardiovascular Diseases and Norwegian Foundation for Health and Rehabilitation.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- All participants are being followed up with regard to mortality and disease incidence.
Jacobsen BK, Eggen AE, Mathiesen EB, Wilsgaard T, Njølstad I. Cohort profile: the Tromso Study. Int J Epidemiol. 2012 Aug;41(4):961-7. doi: 10.1093/ije/dyr049. Epub 2011 Mar 21.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- All men aged 20–61 years and women aged 20–56 years were invited
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : https://en.uit.no/forskning/forskningsgrupper/g...
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.