Tohoku Medical Megabank Project Birth
- Start Year
- he Reconstruction Agency, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED)
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- For child participants, both newborns and their siblings, questionnaires are mailed to their parents when the children are 6, 12, 24, 36, 42, 48 and 60 months old. After the participants reach 5 years of age, we send questionnaires once a year.
Kuriyama S, Metoki H, Kikuya M, et al. Cohort Profile: Tohoku Medical Megabank Project Birth and Three-Generation Cohort Study (TMM BirThree Cohort Study): rationale, progress and perspective. Int J Epidemiol. 2020;49(1):18-19m. doi:10.1093/ije/dyz169
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Newborns and other family members.