Glycometabolic Intervention as adjunct to Primary percutaneous intervention in ST elevation myocardial infarction
- Start Year
- End Year
- This study is supported by a grant of the Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development (ZonMW; project no. 40-41200-98-9139).
Visit STEMI GIPS-III
- Study design
- Clinical trial cohort
- Follow Up
- Subjects are scheduled for return visits at 2 weeks,2 months, 4 months, and 12 months after hospital discharge. During every visit examination, assessment of clinical events and 12-lead electrocardiography are performed. During the 4 month visit the amount of study drug received, dispensed, and consumed will be recorded.
Lexis CP, van der Horst IC, Lipsic E, van der Harst P, van der Horst-Schrivers AN, Wolffenbuttel BH, de Boer RA, van Rossum AC, van Veldhuisen DJ, de Smet BJ; GIPS-III Investigators. Metformin in non-diabetic patients presenting with ST elevation myocardial infarction: rationale and design of the glycometabolic intervention as adjunct to primary percutaneous intervention in ST elevation myocardial infarction (GIPS)-III trial. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2012 Oct;26(5):417-26. doi: 10.1007/s10557-012-6413-1.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Non-diabetic STEMI patients
Availability of data and biosamples