Sydney Older Person Study
To discuss the epidemiology of neurodegenerative disorders (NDDs) in relation to: each other, systemic disorders, death, lifestyle, risk factors and their impact on quality of life, service use and carers.
- Start Year
- End Year
- Grants from the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia and an Infrastructure Stream C grant from the Department of Health of New South Wales, Australia.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Participants were evaluated on three occasions over 6 years.
Creasey, H. & Waite, L.M. & Grayson, D.A. & Bennett, Hayley & Dent, O. & Broe, Gerald. (2008). The Impact of Neurodegenerative Disorders on Ageing: an Overview of the Sydney Older Persons Study. Australasian Journal on Ageing. 20. 10 - 16. 10.1111/j.1741-6612.2001.tb00343.x
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Subjects aged 75 and over, community living in the inner west region of Sydney
Availability of data and biosamples
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.