The Shanghai Men’s Health Study
To investigate the contribution of lifestyle/environmental factors and genetic susceptibility to cancer and other non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Start Year
- National Cancer Institute
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- The cohort has been followed up through a combination of in-person surveys every 3-4 years and annual record linkage with cancer and vital statistics registries.
Shu XO, Li H, Yang G, et al. Cohort Profile: The Shanghai Men's Health Study. Int J Epidemiol. 2015;44(3):810-818. doi:10.1093/ije/dyv013
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Chinese men between 40 and 74 who lived in urban Shanghai.
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : https://www.vumc.org/global-health/shanghai-men...
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.