Research in the Sister Study focuses on causes of breast cancer and other health issues in women, as well as on factors that influence quality of life and outcomes after a breast cancer diagnosis.
- Start Year
- The Sister Study was funded by the Intramural ResearchProgram of the NIH, NIEHS (Z01ES044005), with support fromthe Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities, NIH.
Visit Sister study
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Participants complete health updates each year, as well as detailed questionnaires about health and experiences every two to three years.
Sandler DP, Hodgson ME, Deming-Halverson SL, Juras PS, D'Aloisio AA, Suarez LM, Kleeberger CA, Shore DL, DeRoo LA, Taylor JA, Weinberg CR; Sister Study Research Team. The Sister Study Cohort: Baseline Methods and Participant Characteristics. Environ Health Perspect. 2017 Dec 20;125(12):127003. doi: 10.1289/EHP1923.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Sisters of women with breast cancer
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : https://sisterstudy.niehs.nih.gov/English/index...
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.