The Survey Europe on Nutrition in the Elderly: a Concerted Action Study
To study the influence of dietary factors on disease development and the physical and mental condition of the elderly
- Start Year
- End Year
- FREJA Programme andthe Danish Research Agency
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Two follow-up studies in 1993 and 1999
Kynde I, Bjørnsbo KS, Tetens I, Heitmann BL. Dietary carbohydrates and change in physical performance of elderly Europeans: Survey in Europe on Nutrition and the Elderly, a Concerted Action (SENECA) 1993 and 1999. Public Health Nutr. 2010 Aug;13(8):1186-90. doi: 10.1017/S1368980009991601. Epub 2009 Oct 7.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- The participants were 70-75 years old at baseline.
Availability of data and biosamples
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.