Singapore Chinese Health Study
To elucidate the role of diet and its interaction with genetic and genomic factors in the causation of cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Start Year
- End Year
- U.S. National Cancer Institute
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- The first follow-up interview to all surviving subjects was conducted through a telephone between 1999 and 2003. The second follow-up interview between 2006 and 2010. The third began in 2014. In addition a routine analysis for the cohort participants with databases of the Singapore Cancer Registry and the Singapore National Birth and Death Registry was performed.
Hankin JH, Stram DO, Arakawa K, Park S, Low SH, Lee HP, Yu MC. Singapore Chinese Health Study: development, validation, and calibration of the quantitative food frequency questionnaire. Nutr Cancer. 2001;39(2):187-95. doi: 10.1207/S15327914nc392_5.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Chinese men and women aged 45-74 years in Singapore
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : https://www.schs.pitt.edu/
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.