Study of Asthma, Genes and the Environment
* To collect information about the home environment of children in Manitoba; to confirm the rate of asthma in Manitoban children and validate the tools used to diagnose asthma; * to understand the differences in children's immune system that either predisposes or protects them from getting asthma; * to explore genes that may play a role in children developing asthma; * to understand the relationship between genes and the environment in the development of asthma
- Start Year
- Study design
- Follow Up
- Project that involves following one group of people over a long period of time, anywhere from a few months to 30 years or more.
Kozyrskyj AL, HayGlass KT, Sandford AJ, Paré PD, Chan-Yeug M, Becker AB. 2009. A novel study design to investigate the early-life origins of asthma in children (SAGE study). Allergy; 64: 1185-1193.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- All children born in 1995 and still living in Manitoba.
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : http://sagenet-sage.blogspot.com/p/frequently-a...
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.