Italian Registry of Cardiac Arrest
To create a tool for a structured and standardized data collection on both out-of- and in-hospital cardiac arrest, in a nationwide approach. *Note: All published information has been collected from the article referenced in the Marker Paper box below. Therefore, there may be variations with more advanced versions of the study.*
- Start Year
- Italian Resuscitation Council (IRC)
- Study design
- Patients' cohort
- Follow Up
- RIAC records the full medical history of the patient, from onset of CA, through cardiopulmonary resuscitation (both pre-hospital or in-hospital) and post-resuscitation care, and up to 6 month after resuscitation.
Ristagno G, Semeraro F, Radeschi G, Pellis T, Gordini G, Ferro S. The Italian Registry of Cardiac Arrest − RIAC, a national achievement to portrait the Italian reality and to contribute to the wider European vision by EuReCa. Resuscitation 2014;85:e193–4.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- All patients aged ≥ 18 years old who undergo an out-of-hospital cardiac or an in-hospital cardiac arrest.
Availability of data and biosamples
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.