NYU Women's Health Study
- Start Year
- The National Cancer Institute is the primary funder. In addition, we have received funding for specific projects from the American Cancer Association, the American Heart Association, the U.S. Department of Defense, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Visit NYU Women's Health Study
- Study design
- Follow Up
- Every few years, we send participants questionnaires and ask them to update their information.
Toniolo PG, Levitz M, Zeleniuch-Jacquotte A, Banerjee S, Koenig KL, Shore RE, Strax P, Pasternack BS. A prospective study of endogenous estrogens and breast cancer in postmenopausal women. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1995 Feb 1;87(3):190-7. doi: 10.1093/jnci/87.3.190.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Mammographic screening. New York City women, 35-65 years of age