Maternal Adversity, Vulnerability and Neurodevelopment
- Start Year
- End Year
- Douglas Mental Health University Institute
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- The mothers were recruited between 13 to 20 weeks and interviewed between 24 to 36 weeks of pregnancy while dyads were followed from three-month post-partum onward. Dyads were assessed at 3, 6, 12, 18 months, and yearly from age 24 months onwards. Mothers were first assessed during their pregnancy (∼26 weeks) and then followed at multiple time points that included home visits and laboratory sessions.
O'Donnell KA, Gaudreau H, Colalillo S, Steiner M, Atkinson L, Moss E, Goldberg S, Karama S, Matthews SG, Lydon JE et al. 2014. The maternal adversity, vulnerability and neurodevelopment project: theory and methodology. Can J Psychiatry. 59(9):497-508.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Our community sample consisted of mothers recruited in Montréal (Québec) and Hamilton (Ontario), Canada, at 13 to 20 weeks' gestation.
Availability of data and biosamples