Kids, Families and Places
- Start Year
- End Year
- This study is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- The Kids, Families and Places study started data collection in 2006 and completed the 5th wave of data collection in 2016. Some families were visited twice and 500 families were visited 4-5 times in order to collect more detailed information as children acquire new skills.
Rodrigues M, Binnoon-Erez N, Prime H, Perlman M, Jenkins JM. Familial risk and sibling mentalization: Links with preschoolers' internalizing problems. J Fam Psychol. 2017;31(6):785-791. doi:10.1037/fam0000308
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Over 650 families in Toronto and Hamilton took part in the study. All these families had a newborn in 2006-2008 and at least one older sibling.
Availability of data and biosamples