Ohsaki National Health Insurance Cohort Study
- Start Year
- End Year
- Scientific Research Grant for Community Health Care (Chiiki Hoken Kenkyuu Jigyou) of Ministry of Health and Welfare, Japan
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Collection of data on medical care use and its costs for each subject from the monthly National Health Insurance (NHI) claim history files of the Miyagi NHI Association since January 1995.
Tsuji I, Nishino Y, Ohkubo T, Kuwahara A, Ogawa K, Watanabe Y, Tsubono Y, Bando T, Kanemura S, Izumi Y, Sasaki A, Fukao A, Nishikori M, Hisamichi S. A prospective cohort study on National Health Insurance beneficiaries in Ohsaki, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan: study design, profiles of the subjects and medical cost during the first year. J Epidemiol. 1998 Dec;8(5):258-63. doi: 10.2188/jea.8.258. PMID: 9884474.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Aged from 40 to 79 years living in the catchment area of Ohsaki Public Health Center, Miyagi, Japan.
Availability of data and biosamples