Health Professionals Follow-up Study
- Start Year
- National Cancer Institute
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Biennially, the men complete mailed questionnaires on demographics, medical history, and lifestyle factors, and every four years complete semiquantitative food frequency questionnaires. Deaths are reported by family members or the postal system or are identified through the National Death Index.
Grobbee DE, Rimm EB, Giovannucci E, Colditz G, Stampfer M, Willett W. Coffee, caffeine, and cardiovascular disease in men. N Engl J Med. 1990 Oct 11;323(15):1026-32. doi: 10.1056/NEJM199010113231504.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Men. Health professionals.
Availability of data and biosamples