To investigate the determinants of cardiovascular diseases and other chronic conditions in Central and Eastern Europe, we are conducting a prospective cohort study in Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic and Lithuania.
- Start Year
- End Year
- Wellcome Trust and McArthur Foundation and National Institute of Aging.
Visit Health, Alcohol and Psychosocial factors In Eastern Europe
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Wave I (2002-2005) and wave II (2006-2008)
Peasey A, Bobak M, Kubinova R, Malyutina S, Pajak A, Tamosiunas A, Pikhart H, Nicholson A, Marmot M. Determinants of cardiovascular disease and other non-communicable diseases in Central and Eastern Europe: rationale and design of the HAPIEE study. BMC Public Health. 2006 Oct 18;6:255. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-6-255.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Men and women aged 45-64 selected in Russia (city of Novosibirsk), Poland (2 districts of Krakow), Lithuania (city of Kaunas) and the Czech Republic (2 cities).
Availability of data and biosamples
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.