Hertfordshire Ageing Study (HAS)
- Start Year
- The Medical Research Council and the University of Southampton were the principal sources of funding.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- The first HAS follow-up was conducted in 1994–95 when the participants ranged in age from 63 to 73 years (mean 67). The second formal follow-up was conducted in 2003–05 after a median time of 9 years between follow-ups (range 8.2–10.0 years) when participating members of the cohort were aged 72–83 years (mean 76).
Syddall HE, Simmonds SJ, Martin HJ, et al. Cohort profile: The Hertfordshire Ageing Study (HAS). Int J Epidemiol. 2010;39(1):36-43. doi:10.1093/ije/dyn275
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- men and women born in Hertfordshire between 1920 and 1930
Availability of data and biosamples