Healthy Ageing in Scotland
- Start Year
- HAGIS is jointly funded by the National Institute on Ageing (NIA) of the United States and by the Nuffield Foundation. HAGIS also received some seedcorn funding from the Centre for Population Change (CPC), the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and the Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- HAGIS is the first Scottish study to follow older people over time -the intention is to re-interview members of the study at intervals of two years.
Douglas E,Rutherford A, Bell D. Pilot study protocol to inform a future longitudinal study of ageing using linked administrative data: Healthy AGeing in Scotland (HAGIS). BMJ Open 2017;7:e018802. doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2017-018802
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- People aged over 50 in Scotland