The Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Aging or Estudo Longitudinal da Saúde e Bem-Estar dos Idosos Brasileiros
- Start Year
- The ELSI-Brazil baseline study was supported by the Brazilian Ministry of Health (DECIT/SCTIE—Department of Science and Technology from the Secretariat of Science, Technology and Strategic Inputs (grant 404965/2012-1); COSAPI/DAPES/SAS—Healthcare Coordination of Elderly, Department of Strategic and Programmatic Actions from the Secretariat of Health Care) (grants 20836, 22566, and 23700); and the Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovation and Communication. M.F.L.-C. is a fellow of the National Research Council (CNPq).
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Waves are planned for every 3 years. Household interview, individual interview, and physical measurements will be repeated at each wave. Sample refreshment is planned every 6 years, at which laboratory tests and aliquots storage shall be repeated.
Lima-Costa MF, de Andrade FB, Souza PRB, Neri AL, Duarte YAO, Castro-Costa E, de Oliveira C. The Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Aging (ELSI-Brazil): Objectives and Design. Am J Epidemiol. 2018 Jul 1;187(7):1345-1353. doi: 10.1093/aje/kwx387.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Brazilian population aged 50 and older.