Diabetes Zorgsysteem West-Friesland
- Start Year
- To perform additional research in (subsamples of) the DCS cohort, funding has been received from several instances including the VUMC, Dutch Federation of University Medical Centres, health insurers, Dutch Science Organisation NWO, Dutch Organization for Health Research and Development ZonMw, Dutch Diabetes Foundation, European Foundation for the Study of Diabetes, International Diabetes Federation, European Innovative Medicine Initiative and European Union.
- Study design
- Patients' cohort
- Follow Up
- Examination of persons with T2D is performed annually. Participants are being followed-up until death or movement out of the catchment region.
van der Heijden AA, Rauh SP, Dekker JM, Beulens JW, Elders P, 't Hart LM, Rutters F, van Leeuwen N, Nijpels G. The Hoorn Diabetes Care System (DCS) cohort. A prospective cohort of persons with type 2 diabetes treated in primary care in the Netherlands. BMJ Open. 2017 Jun 6;7(5):e015599. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-015599.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Persons with T2D in primary care from the West-Friesland region of the Netherlands.