California Teachers Study
To document high breast cancer incidence rates of California teachers and to investigate emergent hypotheses in the etiology of breast and other cancers. ** General contact: firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Start Year
- California Breast Cancer Act of 1993, the California Departmentof Health Services, and grant CA77398 from the National Cancer Institute, US National Institutes of Health.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- After baseline questionnaire 6 subsequent mailed questionnaires have been administered to update the baseline data and collect new information on exposures, risk factors, and health outcomes of emerging interest. Last questionnaire (Q6) was collected on 2017 - 2019.
Keegan, T. H., Chang, E. T., John, E. M., Horn-Ross, P. L., Wrensch, M. R., Glaser, S. L., & Clarke, C. A. (2007). Recent changes in breast cancer incidence and risk factor prevalence in San Francisco Bay area and California women: 1988 to 2004. Breast cancer research : BCR, 9(5), R62. https://doi.org/10.1186/bcr1768
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- California public school teachers, administrators, and other school professionals. All women.
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : https://www.calteachersstudy.org/
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.