Costa Rican Longevity and Healthy Aging Study
- Start Year
- Wellcome Trust (grant 072406), U.S. National Institute on Aging (grant R01AG031716)
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Baseline CRELES household interviews were conducted primarily in 2005, with 2-year follow-up interviews in 2007 and 2009.
Fernandez Rojas, X.; Mendez Chacon, E.(2007). Estilos de vida y factores de riesgo para la salud de las personas adultas mayores del proyecto CRELES- Costa Rica 2004-2006. Poblacion y Salud en Mesoamerica (Revista electronica), 5(1).
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- The older adults interviewed during the first round of the CRELES study were 52.5% of the female, 85% . Aged 60 and 79 years.