Childhood Determinants of Adult Health Study
- Start Year
- The Commonwealth Departments of Sport, Recreation and Tourism, and Health; The National Heart Foundation; and the Commonwealth Schools Commission at baseline and the National Health and Medical Research Council, the Heart Foundation, the Tasmanian Community Fund and Veolia Environmental Services at follow-up.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- In the first follow-up of the cohort (CDAH-1) in 2004-6, participants completed questionnaires and attended study clinics.The second follow-up, conducted during 2009 - 2011, involved the completion of questionnaires. It had a particular focus on how life changes and stresses in our 30s and early 40s impact on our lifestyles, and affect health and risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Venn AJ, Thomson RJ, Schmidt MD, Cleland VJ, Curry BA, Gennat HC, Dwyer T. Overweight and obesity from childhood to adulthood: a follow-up of participants in the 1985 Australian Schools Health and Fitness Survey. Med J Aust. 2007 May 7;186(9):458-60.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- cChildren who participated in the 1985 Australian Schools Health and Fitness Survey (ASHFS)
Availability of data and biosamples