Health Interview Survey Belgium
The purpose of the HIS is to assess the health status of the population and to identify the main health problems as well as the determinants and behaviours that could influence them. **HIS@wiv-isp.be**
- Start Year
- End Year
- Federal government (FSP Public Health), the Flemish Community, the French Community, the Brussels' Region, the Walloon Region and the German Community.
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- In 1997, 2001, 2004 and 2008: Face-to-Face questionnaire on paper: household questionnaire, to be completed by the reference person or his/her partner.Face-to-face questionnaire on paper (PAPI: Paper and pencil interviewing): individual questionnaire, to be completed by each selected person (with a maximum of 4 persons per household, this could also be filled out by a proxy).Self-administered, to be completed by each selected person aged 15 years or older (this could not be completed by a proxy). In 2013 and 2018:Face-to-face questionnaire via computer (CAPI: Computer Assisted Personal Interview) to be completed by each selected person (with a maximum of 4 persons per household, this could also be filled out by a proxy).Questions related to the household are to be completed by the reference person or his/her partner. Self-administered, to be completed by each selected person aged 15 years or older (this could not be completed by a proxy).
Braekman E, Berete F, Charafeddine R, Demarest S, Drieskens S, Gisle L, Molenberghs G, Tafforeau J, Van der Heyden J, Van Hal G. Measurement agreement of the self-administered questionnaire of the Belgian Health Interview Survey: Paper-and-pencil versus web-based mode. PLoS One. 2018 May 21;13(5):e0197434. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0197434.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- In every selected household a maximum of 4 members will be selected for interview.
Availability of data and biosamples
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.