Breast Cancer Detection Demonstration Project Follow-up Study
- Start Year
- End Year
- NCI Intramural Program (DCEG) and the American Cancer Society
Visit BCDDP follow-up study
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- The first phase of the follow-up study involved the administration of a baseline interview and annual telephone interviews during the period 1979-1986. The follow-up study was conducted in four phases by means of a mailed questionnaire, the last of which was carried out between 1995 and 1998. Information on all cancer diagnoses, mortality, and a variety of exposures, including exogenous hormone use, adolescent and adult diet, physical activity, body weight, and occupation was collected over the four phases of the follow-up study. Mortality is being updated through 2005.
Mai V, Flood A, Peters U, Lacey JV Jr, Schairer C, Schatzkin A. Dietary fibre and risk of colorectal cancer in the Breast Cancer Detection Demonstration Project (BCDDP) follow-up cohort. Int J Epidemiol. 2003 Apr;32(2):234-9. doi: 10.1093/ije/dyg052.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Selected women from breast cancer screening program.
Availability of data and biosamples