Alpha-Tocopherol, BetaCarotene Cancer Prevention Study
- Start Year
- End Year
- National Cancer Institute
- Study design
- Clinical trial cohort
- Follow Up
- Participants were followed after the trial ended using data from the national registries in Finland in order to evaluate the long-term effects of the vitamins on cancer incidence, and overall and cause-specific mortality.
The alpha-tocopherol, beta-carotene lung cancer prevention study: design, methods, participant characteristics, and compliance. The ATBC Cancer Prevention Study Group. Ann Epidemiol. 1994 Jan;4(1):1-10. doi: 10.1016/1047-2797(94)90036-1.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Male smokers (Finland) aged 50 to 69 years
Availability of data and biosamples