The Alpha Omega Cohort
Follow-up of the patients from the Alpha Omega Trial (designed to examine whether major cardiovascular events could be prevented by low doses of omega-3 fatty acids ). **Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Start Year
- Dutch Kidney Foundation, the Dutch Heart Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
- Study design
- Clinical trial cohort
- Follow Up
- Follow-up for cause-specific mortality is still ongoing. Data are obtained from the Dutch National Mortality Registry (Statistics Netherlands).
Esmeijer K, Geleijnse JM, de Fijter JW, Giltay EJ, Kromhout D, Hoogeveen EK. Cardiovascular Risk Factors Accelerate Kidney Function Decline in Post-Myocardial Infarction Patients: The Alpha Omega Cohort Study. Kidney Int Rep. 2018 Mar 16;3(4):879-888. doi: 10.1016/j.ekir.2018.03.005.
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Patients that suffered a myocardial infarction recruited from hospitals in the Netherlands
Availability of data and biosamples
Availability of access information
On the study website : https://www.alphaomegacohort.org/
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.