Adventist Health Study-2
- Start Year
- End Year
- The study is funded by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (5R01 CA094594).
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Repeated questionnaires every two years (participants fill out hospital history forms and list any hospitalizations and diagnoses of cancers, stroke, heart attack and diabetes during the previous two years) and record linkage.
Butler TL, Fraser GE, Beeson WL, Knutsen SF, Herring RP, Chan J, Sabaté J, Montgomery S, Haddad E, Preston-Martin S, Bennett H, Jaceldo-Siegl K. Cohort profile: The Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2). Int J Epidemiol. 2008 Apr;37(2):260-5. doi: 10.1093/ije/dym165. Epub 2007 Aug 27.
- Sources of Recruitment
- Other : Members of the Adventist church
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Seventh-day Adventist church members living in the USA and Canada who are 30 years and older, and who are sufficiently fluent in English to complete the lengthy lifestyle questionnaire.
Availability of data and biosamples