Activity and Function in the Elderly in Ulm (ActiFE-Ulm)
- Start Year
- The study was funded by a grant from the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, as part of the Geriatric Competence Center, Ulm University (http://mwk.baden-wuerttemberg.de). Kilian Rapp and Michael Denkinger were supported by a “Forschungskolleg Geriatrie” grant from the Robert Bosch Foundation, Stuttgart, Germany (http://www.bosch-stiftung.de).
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Prospective cohort study with one-year follow-up of falls using fall calendars.
Klenk J, Kerse N, Rapp K, Nikolaus T, Becker C, Rothenbacher D, et al. (2015) Physical Activity and Different Concepts of Fall Risk Estimation in Older People–Results of the ActiFE-Ulm Study. PLoS ONE 10(6): e0129098. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0129098
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Older people (≥65 years), located in Ulm and adjacent regions in Southern Germany.
Availability of data and biosamples