Aboriginal Birth cohort
- Start Year
- End Year
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia (Project Grant APP1046391).
- Study design
- Population cohort
- Follow Up
- Between 1991 and 1994, a preliminary follow-up at mean age 5 years of a subset of participants. Wave 2 between 1998 and 2001 (mean age 11.4 years), Wave 3 between 2006 and 2008 (mean age 18.2 years) and Wave 4 between 2013 and 2015 (mean age 25.4 years).
Sayers, S. M., Mackerras, D., & Singh, G. R. (2017). Cohort Profile: The Australian Aboriginal Birth Cohort (ABC) study. International journal of epidemiology, 46(5), 1383–1383f. https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyw291
- Sources of Recruitment
Number of participants
- Number of participants
- Number of participants with biosamples
- Supplementary Information
- Babies were eligible for enrolment if they were a singleton born between January 1987 and March 1990 to a mother self-identified as either Aboriginal or Torres State Islander
Availability of data and biosamples