National Cancer Institute Cohort Consortium
The main objectives of NCi are: 1. Foster communication among investigators leading cohort studies of cancer. 2. Promote collaborative research projects for topics not easily addressed in a single study. 3. Identify common challenges in cohort research and search for solutions.
- Year created
- Types of cohorts
- Population cohort
- Patient/disease cohort
- Clinical trial
- Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Canada, New Zeland.
- Co-funded by investigator-initiated grants from NCI and other sources.
- Criteria of cohort's to be included
- The initiative involves any cohort study with a minimum of 10,000 participants, in which cancer incidence is accurately assessed and some risk factor data are available.
- Minimum age
- Maximum age
Methodology for harmonization and integration
- Strategy of harmonization
- Data processing methods
- Type of infrastructure
- Some centrally, other locally
- Integrative data analysis
- Pooled analyses
- Other : No specified.
- With harmonized data
- Will more cohorts be harmonized?
- Availability of metadata
- Availability of individual data