The aim of GenomEUtwin is to develop novel strategies to maximally utilize the unique features of twin cohorts, including the availability of longitudinal data and sample information about lifestyle and environmental factors, in the characterization of complex traits.
- Year created
- Types of cohorts
- Population cohort
- United Kingdom
- This project has received funding from the Framework 5th Programme of the European Community.
- Criteria of cohort's to be included
- Twin cohorts with genomic, lifestyle and environmental information.
- Socio-environmental context
- Minimum age
- Maximum age
Methodology for harmonization and integration
- Strategy of harmonization
- Data processing methods
- Type of infrastructure
- Data are in different locations
- Integrative data analysis
- Pooled analyses
- Federated analyses
- Supplementary information
- More information: Peltonen l. GenomEUtwin: A Strategy to Identify Genetic Influences on Health and Disease. Twin Research, 2003. Volume 6 Number 5 pp. 354± 360 https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/F8439F1D0E19810C93000E07EA51B119/S1369052300003986a.pdf/data_modeling_and_data_communication_in_genomeutwin.pdf Peltonen, L., Perola, M., Boomsma, D. I., Christensen, K., Evans, A., Harris, J., ... Syvanen, A. C. (2003). GENOMEUTWIN - an integrated project of eight large twin cohorts for genetic studies on complex traits. American Journal of Human Genetics, 73, 1330. https://doi.org/10.1086/380311
- With harmonized data
- Will more cohorts be harmonized?
- Availability of metadata
- Availability of individual data
|DTR||The Danish Twin Registry||Population cohort||85,000|
|FTC||The finish twin cohort||Population cohort||14,000|
|ITR||The Italian Twin Registry||Population cohort||9,000|
|NTP- NIPH||The Norwegian Twin Panel||Population cohort||14,742|
|STR||The Swedish Twin Registry||Population cohort||87,000|
|TRA||Twins Research Australia (formerly known as the Australian Twin Registry)||Population cohort||45,032|
|TwinsUK||The St Thomas’ UK Adult Twin Registry||Population cohort||14,274|
No coverage data about the variables classifications are available.