Biomarker for Cardiovascular Risk Assessment across Europe
The objective of BiomarCaRE is to assess the value of established and emerging biomarkers for cardiovascular risk prediction.
- Year created
- Types of cohorts
- Population cohort
- Patient/disease cohort
- Clinical trial
- Europe, Australia, Israel, Latin America, New Zeland, South Africa, United States of America.
- The BiomarCaRE project was co-funded by the European Community´s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement N° HEALTH-F2-2011-278913.
- Criteria of cohort's to be included
- Disease cohorts: individuals with either angiographically proven stable coronary artery disease, mostly after myocardial infarction, or individuals presenting with suspected acute coronary syndrome. Clinical trials: subjects with coronary heart disease with or without acute coronary syndrome; subjects 50 years old who did not have preexisting cardiovascular disease or diabetes, and had a low-density lipoprotein cholesterol < 130 mg/dL and C-reactive protein ≥ 2.0 mg/L.
- Socio-environmental context
- Environmental hazards
- Minimum age
- Maximum age
Methodology for harmonization and integration
- Strategy of harmonization
- Data processing methods
- Integrative data analysis
- Pooled analyses
- With harmonized data
- Will more cohorts be harmonized?
- Availability of metadata
- Availability of individual data